2019 Nuclear Science Day for Scouts – March 30
On March 30, 2019, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will hold the 2019 Nuclear Science Day for Scouts. There is no cost to attend.
This event is designed for youths in grades 8 or higher. It will begin in Berkeley Lab's main auditorium. Download our flyer for more information. Attendance is limited by the size of our facilities.
The registration deadline has passed. We are currently notifying leaders who were selected.
For those scouts that are accepted (Please note these instructions will be updated):
- Here is this year's information pack on the logistics (driving directions, parking, check-in time, and so much more.
- Each vehicle entering the LBNL site should have a copy of the confirmation email that they receive, or there could be delay for your troop to enter the Laboratory ground.
- Laboratory safety regulations, require all participants (adults and youths) must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Participants will be barred from certain activities, if this dress code is not followed.
- Registration for those scouts that have been accepted begins at 9:00 AM at Building 50 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. In order to enter the laboratory, you will need a gate pass that will be sent to you. In addition, you will find the LBNL campus map in the information package.
- NEW FOR THIS YEAR – When participants (adults and youth) register, they must provide a signed copy of the photo release form that was sent in the information pack.
- All participants should bring their own lunches and water bottles.
- To complete the merit badge requirements, scouts need to fill out this worksheet and return it at the registration desk prior to the start of this event. Please do not use older worksheets as the requirements may have changed.
Any LBNL employees can register to help with this event by signing up at this web page.