2019 Nuclear Science Day for Scouts – March 30
On March 30, 2019, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will hold the 2019 Nuclear Science Day for Scouts. There is no cost to attend.
This event is designed for youths in grades 8 or higher. It will begin in Berkeley Lab's main auditorium. Download our flyer for more information. Attendance is limited by the size of our facilities.
Please register here; the registration deadline is February 28, 2019. Scouts will be selected for this outreach event by a random drawing for the available slots.
For those scouts that are accepted (Please note these instructions will be updated):
- Last year's information pack on the logistics (driving directions, parking, check-in time, and so much more. This will be updated shortly before the event.).
- Each vehicle entering the LBNL site should have a copy of the confirmation email that they receive, or there could be delay for your troop to enter the Laboratory ground.
- All participants (adult volunteers and youths) must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Participants will be barred from certain activities, if the dress code is not followed. This is mandated by laboratory safety regulations.
- Registration for those scouts that have been accepted begins at 9:00 AM at Building 50 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. In order to enter the laboratory, you will need a gate pass that will be sent to you. In addition, you will find the LBNL campus map in the information package.
- All participants should bring their own lunches and water bottles.
- To complete the merit badge requirements, scouts need to fill out this worksheet and return it at the registration desk prior to the start of this event. Please do not use older worksheets as the requirements may have changed.
Any LBNL employees can register to help with this event by signing up at this web page.